Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Network For #StrongerTogether ! "What professors who were part of Elizabeth Warren’s hiring say about it" Or, What do some of those who were there, i.e. sources, say about it?





Focused Read in 2 minutes




"What Harvard professors who were part of Elizabeth Warren’s hiring say about it"

Or, What do some of those who were there, i.e. sources, say about it?

"More than 60 Harvard professors were eligible to vote on whether to offer Elizabeth Warren a tenured position at the law school in 1993. 

The Globe reached out to all of the living professors who could have been in that room to ask whether her claims to Native American heritage were a factor in their votes."

(Edited for a quick read) "Here’s a sampling of what they said.

Laurence Tribe : “I would be willing to swear on a hundred bibles, if I believed in the Bible, that the idea that she took advantage of some minority status was ludicrous.”

Martha Minow : “I was there. I was in the meetings. It never came up. . . . There is no news here. I can utterly close the door. There was no conversation of her having any Native American identity. I can say that conclusively.”

... William Alford : “I have no recollection at all of any consideration of her being a Native American. It just never, as far as I know, entered the equation. I would have been attentive to that if it had.”

Richard Fallon : “If the appointment had been presented in a way that Elizabeth had minority status, I’m as certain as I can be that it would have stuck out in my mind because it would have astonishing to me to learn that about Elizabeth.”

Martha Field : “I was there and I voted on her. Native American was never brought up. We had no idea. I don’t think it was on any of the paperwork. . . . I never heard about it until it became a national issue.”

David Herwitz : “There was no issue of a claim or what a nice plus it would have been for the law school.”

... David Wilkins : “Throughout this discussion at no time did I ever hear anyone mention anything about the fact that Professor Warren may have some Native American heritage. I never heard it in discussions. I don’t remember seeing any references to it in the file. I simply did not know about this. This would have been something I would have been interested in.”

... Joseph Singer : “I never heard anything about Elizabeth Warren’s Indian heritage until after her appointment was voted by the faculty at Harvard Law School, of which I was a member at the time. Since I write scholarly articles about federal Indian law, and did so at that time, I think I would have remembered it if that had come up in any way at the time of her consideration for an appointment.”

Charles Donahue : “I am, however, quite comfortable saying that one thing that was not discussed, mentioned, or, so far as I am aware, known by anyone, was that Elizabeth might be regarded as having minority status. I know that I read the committee report, and I can remember the meeting, and nothing about this was said.”

... Harry S. “Terry” Martin : “I do remember the discussion over Liz Warren’s appointment. I recall no discussion of her ethnic heritage. . . . Only after her appointment at Harvard did I learn she had some Native American blood.”

Morton Horwitz : “I was in the room when Elizabeth Warren was voted a permanent position at Harvard Law School. I am certain there was no mention of any Native American background.”

... Howell Jackson : “It wasn’t until years later that I had any idea that there was any possibility that she had Native American heritage.”

Jerry Frug : “I was in the room when Elizabeth was voted an appointment. There was no mention at any time of her heritage in the discussion that day. The discussion was only about her scholarship and teaching. More to the point, I had never heard anything about her Native American heritage until the media began discussing it during her Senate campaign. The topic came as a surprise to me.” ... 

You can read more here

( Courtesy of The Boston Globe )


Focused Thought 30 seconds




Focused Action 30 seconds



You can retweet Misha's Tweet here

If you click through the above Tweet, you can help Misha get 44,000 people registered and committed to vote. 

Here's a snapshot of his message: 



Focused Monthly Inspiration 



During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. ~ George Orwell



#its2018now )


.
.
.


*** Media needs our help. Join me now in helping them be the best it can be!

 You can find my ebook:


 "How to Influence Media!" on Twitter in real time


at GoFundMe here 






What's in the book:



  Direct sources for Democrats:

* ( Personal favored and most informative follows are also shared here with the understanding that readers will always apply their own critical thinking to any information provided anywhere by anyone. #StrongerTogether does not share sources of information lightly but -- no one is perfect! -- so always #DistrustAndVerify -- even if it's me. I am using a star rating that is strictly based on my situational experience with the work of the media personality specifically in relation to issues of interest to me. )


The Democratic Party Website

The Democratic Party on Facebook

The Democratic Party on Twitter


Also, NOT exactly a Democratic Party specific source under a GOP majority but a good place for to hear and to watch speeches & hearings directly C-SPAN 


  Some of my favorite, most active organizations -- some existing & some developing to elect Democrats:



Born from conversations between Governor Howard Dean and Secretary Hillary Clinton in the aftermath of the 2016 election, Onward Together was established to lend support to leaders — particularly young leaders — kicking off projects and founding new organizations to fight for our shared progressive values. here



An "organizing project that advocates for the agenda of former U.S. President Barack Obama" here


( * A current story on Organizing For Action )



"Flip States. Restore Democracy" here 




"Connects Democratic Campaigns with volunteers across the country" here 




Since #StandOnEveryCorner has grown, it’s become a stand by all of us to protect our democracy from corruption and treason...A stand not at your State Capitol, but in your own backyard. Not once every few months, but as often as you can here


  Fact checking organizations courtesy of the Society of Professional Journalists 

in alphabetical order...














( You can read more on fact checking here )


  Some of my favorite, most informative
 follows on Twitter include:


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ US Intelligence | Author | Navy Senior Chief | NBC/MSNBC
⭐⭐⭐ Federal Government Operations | Vanity Fair | Newsweek | MSNBC Contributor | Author
⭐⭐⭐⭐ Voting Rights/Voter Suppression | Author | Mother Jones 


  Some of my favorite, highly credible media -- at the moment:


πŸ“°πŸ“°πŸ“° Mother Jones

πŸ“°πŸ“°πŸ“°πŸ“° The Washington Post

πŸ“°πŸ“°πŸ“°πŸ“° The New York Times

πŸ’»πŸ’»πŸ’» News And Guts on Facebook


  Some of my favorite Talking Heads -- at the moment -- and their Twitter handles:


πŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“Ί Rachel Maddow on MSNBC

πŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“Ί AM w/Joy Reid on MSNBC

πŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“Ί Chris Cuomo on CNN

πŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“Ί The Beat With Ari on MSNBC

πŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“Ί Individual programs: Velshi / Ruhle Co-hosted program: Velshi & Ruhle on MSNBC

πŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“Ί Nicolle Wallace On MSNBC


  Some of my favorite media/panelists -- at the moment -- and their Twitter handles:

✅✅✅✅ Joan Walsh national affairs correspondent for The Nation; CNN political contributor

✅✅✅ Heidi Przybyla USA TODAY Senior Political Reporter

✅✅✅ Jennifer Rubin Conservative blogger at @ WashingtonPost's Right Turn,MSNBC contributor

✅✅✅ Natasha Bertrand Staff writer @ The Atlantic covering national security & the 
intel community. @ NBCNews/@ MSNBC contributor

  Some of my favorite Democrat Party Leaders to follow on Twitter, not in elected office but proving knowledge & experience are positives & not negatives are:


President Barack Obama

Former First Lady Michelle Obama

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Former Labor Secretary/Today's DNC Chair Tom Perez

Former Attorney General Eric Holder 


 Note: I rarely get involved in primary races -- outside of those in my own area and unless there is a glaring reason that can not be ignored, I support Democratic Party nominees in general elections. I don't support bashing Democrats.

.
.
.



(Linked) "...is our 2016 platform...a declaration of how we plan to move America forward. Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.

It’s a simple but powerful idea: We are stronger together."

You can read the Democratic Platform here

   
 *


Curated by Gail Mountain, this blog is often gently edited and/or excerpted for quick reading, with occasional personal commentary in the form of the written word and/or in the form of emphasis noted. Network For #StrongerTogether ! is not affiliated with The Democratic Party in any capacity. This is an independent blog and the hope is you will, at a glance, learn more about the Party and you will, with a click or two, also take action on its behalf as it is provided!





( You can find me on Twitter 



You can also find me on Facebook


 at https://www.facebook.com/ProgressDems/)



  *



See the League of Women Voters website:

 Vote411 here 


*






...for Networking for Democrats today!

g. (Unapologetic Democrat)

✊ Resisting "Fake News"





No comments: