Friday, December 30, 2016

#StrongerTogether ! Top 10 on My Democratic 2017 New Year's Resolutions List!




Focused Read 3 minutes



Top 10 on My Democratic 2017 New Year's Resolutions List!

10

~ Resolve to double my efforts to critique select media in the context of the Constitution of the United States and the Democratic Party Platform in an effort to encourage honest, relevant journalism with context and in an effort to inform their currently misled followers primarily on social media.

9

~ Resolve to communicate with anti-Democratic factions in D.C. that I am watching via phone, letter, letter-to-the-editor, E-mail, Tweet and Fax, etc. 

8

~ Resolve to send thank you notes when my representatives in D.C. are acting in pragmatic accordance with the Democratic Platform despite limitations on the minority party.

7

~ Resolve to research relevant committees in the House and in the Senate and to know who the members are and to create contact lists for the committees, the chairs and the Democratic membership and communicate with them. And that includes watching critical meetings and hearings.

6

~ Resolve to touch base with my Democratic Committees – local and state -- and to inquire as to what the plan is going forward in light of vulture capitalists and white nationalists now running the country.

5

~ Resolve to touch base with my City Clerk in my hometown to confirm the integrity of our voting system and to discuss concerns and options in an era of Russian cyber attacks targeted at doing harm to our country and copy my mayor, my state representative, my Secretary of State and my Governor with a summary of the conversation.

4

~ Resolve to communicate with my representatives in D.C. by first subscribing to their newsletters, to understand their job description, to understand what they can and can not do per House and Senate rules and to make my asks of them in accordance with the scope of said job descriptions, to share my thoughts with them and to let them know I support them in the work they do and when I don't agree with them, as well.

3

~ Resolve to have a face-to-face meeting with my representatives in D.C. to ask them to explain their strategy over the next four years to defend what is ours and to stop what is not conducive to the Democratic Platform from happening via anti-Democratic factions on The Hill.

2

~ Resolve to revisit the job description of the Democratic National Committee Chair and share with the Committee what I am thinking about the Party going forward, as well as who I would like to have for Chair prior to the first Committee forum hosting candidates for office positions, noting that my primary criteria is: Being a Democrat; supporting the Democratic Platform and; having the broad experience I believe is required to do the job in the 21st Century.

1

 ~ Resolve to resolve to take care of my self, to pace my self re my time and my energy, to not ignore important relationships, and to remind my colleagues in this upcoming fight to do the same!



Focused Thought in 30 seconds






Focused Action in 15 seconds




Just... have... a wonderful New Year!


.
.
.


Direct source information for Democrats:


The Democratic Party Website

The Democratic Party on Facebook

The Democratic Party on Twitter


.
.
.


 TY! for being #StrongerTogether today!

.
.
.


      (Remember 2018...)


  *

Curated by Gail Mountain, Network For #StrongerTogether ! is not affiliated with The Democratic Party in any capacity. This is an independent blog and the hope is you will, at a glance, learn more about the Party and you will, with a click or two, also take action on its behalf as it is provided!

( Gail Mountain is an editor for Progressive Democrats - Moving Forward Not Back and you can find her on Twitter at https://twitter.com/GKMTNtwits )


  *






No comments: