Friday, February 17, 2017

#StrongerTogether ! "Everything You Need to Know about the Democratic National Committee Officers Election"




Focused Read in 2 minutes +




“Everything You Need to Know about the Democratic National Committee (DNC) Officers Election

On February 25, 2017, the membership of the Democratic National Committee will elect DNC officers, who will lead our party into the future. In Atlanta, DNC members will elect the next Chair, Vice Chairs, Secretary, Treasurer, and National Finance Chair of the DNC.

We all have a role to play in building the future of our Party. Below, you’ll find resources to learn more about how DNC officers are elected and what you can do to get more involved in the process. And, if you are a candidate, you’ll find important resources that can help you run a successful campaign. 

(GET INVOLVED | WATCH PREVIOUS REGIONAL FORUMS | PRESS RELEASES | OFFICER ELECTION PROCESS | STRUCTURE AND GOVERNANCE OF DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE | CANDIDATE RESOURCES)” 

You can find much more information here


Focused Thought 15 seconds +




 ^^^ Meme courtesy of  the Democratic Party )

A personal thought:

Having gotten knocked for a loop with the flu, I've had nearly two weeks to reflect on the charge – by some – that as a card-carrying Democrat, the Party somehow lured me in like some kind of a powerful drug and has kept me a slave to following the lead of the Democratic National Committee – without thought.

Dear flu has also given me time to reflect on the time and the energy being put into cyberspace around what constitutes a “good” Democrat and what does not, while “Rome is burning” in the form of – Donald Trump -- mind you.

In hindsight, I don't think it's all that complicated and I think the “unforced” process I went through to get where I am at this particular moment in time as a voter reflects that. I've edited down to its most simple terms. Take a look. Give it some thought. Share your own thoughts, if you'd like!

I was born and raised just outside of Boston, MA where American History, particularly American Revolutionary History, was something I walked past in the form of memorials and artworks much of my life. I also had a basic, but full public education in which American History played a big part via U.S. History and Literature. As kids, my friends and I played classic games of Hide n' Seek, Kick the Can, Marbles, etc., but we also played “Sons of Liberty” and fought against the British!

I believe in “We The People,” (as in “one nation”), supported by a Representative Government that, in turn, supports The Common Good, as codified in The General Welfare Clause of the United States Constitution to be determined by and implemented by The People because the Health and Welfare of The People is what produces a successful Nation.

My process becoming a Democrat:

I always knew I would only vote for people who shared my values and my principles, as noted above. I also knew I was a part of some vague “rugged individualism,” so I was never going to be labeled – I was going to be an Independent. Damn it! And, so I was.

(I even voted Republican a couple of times, locally, when Republicans were really Democrats only pretending to be more fiscally responsible in my small part of the world.)

In 1980, Ronald Reagan landslide-ed Democrats and I learned there is much more to participating in the system of my government than I thought -- not everyone shared the values and the principles I did and vision, strategy, tactics and winning moved much higher up on my vocabulary list...

You know the end of the story. I had to take a stand against the forces that were against my values and principles. The Democratic Party shares the values and principles that so I sought out the Party and I became a Democrat, a member of a Party that compromises tactically to defend what is ours and to win!

#


Focused Action in 30 seconds




You can share the DNC Tweet here

.
.
.


Direct source information for Democrats:


The Democratic Party Website

The Democratic Party on Facebook

The Democratic Party on Twitter


.
.
.


Thank you for Networking for Democrats today!


.
.
.


     (Remember 2018...)


  *

Curated by Gail Mountain, Network For #StrongerTogether ! is not affiliated with The Democratic Party in any capacity. This is an independent blog and the hope is you will, at a glance, learn more about the Democratic Party and you will, with a click or two, also take action on its behalf as it is provided! You can read more Network For #StrongerTogether posts here:   https://networkstrongertogether.blogspot.com/

( You can also find me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/GKMTNtwits )


  *







No comments: